Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Cold Mountain

Last night I watched Cold Mountain. I thought it was fairly good. My mom and my aunt hated it, but I couldn't remember why. Once it started getting close to the end I remembered why. They were mad that Inman died. I did like how it portrayed women as strong and capable of taking care of themselves. It also got me wondering if there are any Civil War (aka The War of Northern Aggression LOL) movies that are from the aspect of the North. It seems like all movies are from the vision of the Southerners. I couldn't think of any, but I didn't really get past Gone With the Wind.

I did stitch a little more. This piece I'm working on is taking me forever! I do have stitching tonight though, so maybe I'll get a little more done.

I think my Gmail address is being spoofed. I let Gmail know about it. I'm curious to see what their answer will be.

I don't even want to talk about the Jacko Verdict....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Have read or seen John Jakes North and South? It tells the story from both sides. It's been a long time since I've watched this or read the books so I could be wrong. But if I remember correctly it does give a northern point of view along with the southern view.

Melissa said...

Have read or seen John Jakes North and South? It tells the story from both sides. It's been a long time since I've watched this or read the books so I could be wrong. But if I remember correctly it does give a northern point of view along with the southern view.