Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

#5 That’s where LSU ranks in the BCS standings!! Yay!! That game Friday was fantastic!

So, to catch up…Wednesday we went to Eva’s Thanksgiving Feast at school. It was very cute. They sang songs and said a poem. I was surprised, because normally Eva doesn’t participate too well in front of a crowd, but she was singing loud and proud. I was pretty impressed that most of the kids knew all the words to the songs and the poem. After that they served us a Thanksgiving dinner. That was really amusing. I actually did take some pictures, but of course I haven't taken them off the camera.

Thursday we started off going to my mother in law’s house. That was nice. It was fairly quiet for a change. She has a rather smallish house and when all the men would get together it’d get super loud…even when they were all outside. The weather was very nice so we ate outside. The kids ran around and raked leaves and had a good ole time. Then we went to my grandmother’s house. That was nice too but we were getting tired by then. I have pictures of this too...LOL

Friday my mom and I left at 4:30 am to go shopping. We started with the intention of going to Kohl’s, but when we got there the line to get in the store was across the front of the store and down the side of the building. We decided to go to Wal-Mart next door. It was pretty wild in there, but we were able to get the stuff we wanted without much incident. My grandmother bought Eva a used computer for her Santa and I got her a Lexmark printer/scanner/copier at Wal-Mart for $29. I was pretty excited. We got a few more little things. My mom got like 5 Cabbage Patch dolls for $8 each. Then we went to the mall. It was pretty subdued there. I guess because there was more room for people to stretch out. We went to the Disney Store and there was a line just to get in the store. And the reason for that was you got 20% off your entire purchase if you got in the store before 10 am. Since it was 7 am we decided to go for it. I did so good there. I got a ton of stuff for Lauren and Maria. I waited in line for an hour and a half, but it really wasn’t too bad. I immediately got in the check out line before I even put anything in my basket. Since the line went around the whole store, I figured I’d eventually pass everything I wanted to look at. I found a lot of fun stuff on sale and on the clearance rack and all that was an additional 20% off too!

Saturday we did what seems like our yearly tradition. We went to LSU to see Mike the Tiger, play on the Indian Mounds, and walk around campus. Then we went to lunch at a little pizza place just off campus. Then to Target to get Christmas lights and get the Cars DVD for the girls. We had tried to go to the movies, but nothing was playing when we got there. So that was a consolation prize.

Yesterday I had to work the church nursery. There were 3 adults, 2 teenagers, and 7 children, three of which were mine. It was a pretty easy morning! Then we just hung out at home the rest of the day.

My grandmother is going to buy me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas and I’ve decided which one I want. I’m going with the Dyson DC15 Animal. I can’t wait to order it!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Girl we were hootin' and a hollerin' and happy dancing all over this house Friday! LOL