Tuesday, December 20, 2005

More things you see driving around

There's a crossing guard, actually a traffic cop near my house. He always amuses me because he looks like a stereotypical southern sheriff. He's not the sheriff, but anyway, he's got this big ole pot belly and he wears cowboy boots and since it got cold he started wearing a cowboy hat too. He normally stands between two traffic cones and directs traffic in and out of the school in the afternoon. I noticed yesterday he had decorated his cones so that they looked like Christmas trees. I thought it was pretty cute.

___________________

Not much stitching yesterday. I finished the second line of Mother's Tree and worked more on my Mirabilia RR. I also got Kathy's RR yesterday from Kari. So, after the holidays I'm going to start/finish Jen's and Kathy's RRs and then mail it on to Kathy and that RR will be all done for me.

____________________

I'm so ready for Christmas to be here. At least Thursday, Eva has a party at school Thursday and she just can't wait to bring her little presents to school and she's kind of driving me crazy about it! Last night I let the girls decorate gingerbread men. My MIL gave them a cookie decorating kit, it came with cookies, icing, little candies and sprinkles. They were all doing really good until the sprinkles, what a mess that was! Anyway, they had fun and their cookies looked pretty interesting.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your doing your "Mother's Tree" on 40 ct right? I'd love to see some progress pics sometime when you get a chance - I'm thinking of doing mine that way too. Also how wide did you buy your fabric?