Friday, January 12, 2007

Little Update

On the MLK front, we were talking about him again yesterday and Eva told me he went around touching people. LOL I was dying laughing. My mom and I tried to explain that he touched people's lives.

On the stitching front. I finished a STRR over the weekend. This is for Jen. I'm so thankful for everyone in this RR being such good participants!









Because I'm such a wimp and just couldn't wait, I started Mirabilia's Lady of the Mist. I'm stitching it on 32 ct. Castle View Jazlyn from Silkweaver. If you're planning on stitching this too be aware that it will not fit on a 28 ct. Fat Quarter! It *just* barely makes it on a 32 ct. FQ. I have only about 1 1/2" on either side.





And for the Saints playing tomorrow night...WHO DAT??

There's a house that I have to take a picture of. Over the last several years they've sculpted a very large fantasy type scene on to the house, and recently they've painted the roof with black and gold fleur de lis and they morph into birds, and they have a huge black and gold Who Dat on one side of the roof. It's pretty cool!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your work on Lady of the Mist--- what a gorgeous pattern! And I have to say your kids are adorable! I love the slideshow :)

Anonymous said...

Your RR piece is very nice. Lady of the Mist is off to a good start.

Only 1.5" in each side, I hope you started in the center :-). I've been off center on many a piece and only ended up with 1/4 inch on one side.

Theresa said...

You just love Mirabilia! I am planning to do one of the mermaid ones but I can't decide which one to do.

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for stitching such a pretty design for my RR. :)

I love the fabric you chose for LOTM - I might just steal that idea for using Castle View. :)