Friday, August 26, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Ok, so, maybe I underestimated her and I completely ignored her until about 6 pm tonight. That's when I learned that the track was shifting West. I decided to take a little nap and go grocery shopping before all the groceries were gone. Good idea! They were already out of a lot of canned goods and running low on a lot more. They were fully stocked on Little Debbie Snack Cakes though. That's been a running joke in our family about how Little Debbies are the first thing to go when there's a hurricane looming.

Anyway, so at 6 they were looking at landfall around Biloxi. Now, it's 10:30 and landfall is projected to be around the mouth of the Mississippi, so now I'm officially nervous because it's expected to be a CAT 4 by then. I just checked Weather Underground and the computer models made it even worse. There's 5 computer models and 2 of them have where I live just on the west side of the hurricane which would be bad. Hopefully it'll be on of the 3 other ones that have me on the east side.

On the plus side, I bet I don't have to go to work Monday LOL

3 comments:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Hang in there Autumn! I just got done worrying about my brother with Katrina. He lives just south of Ft. Lauderdale. His power is gone, and will be through next week sometime. But it was only a "weak cat 1" when it hit him. I hope you and yours come through okay! Trust me, I know how nerve-wracking they can be, having lived on the coast for so many years. {{{hugs}}}

Melissa said...

I hope you guys are safe, Autumn!

Jenny said...

Stay safe! Let us know how everything went when the power comes back on!