Sunday, August 28, 2005

Everything is all done except filling all the containers with water. I'll let James do that. It's still bright sunshine outside, but the wind is picking up. Now I've started trying to cook some of the food so maybe it won't go bad as fast. Mostly just the stuff that has to be baked. I think most everything else can be cooked on the grill, we'll just have to get creative.

James went to the store and bought so much food. I swear it would take a month to eat all the Vienna Sausages and Spam he bought. Who exactly does he think is going to eat it?? I'm not and I know Eva won't. Hopefully it won't come down to eating Vienna Sausages, I think I'd rather starve first LOL

I also finished Kari's Futurcast last night! YAY!! Unfortunately I don't have my camera. I'm also about 10 stitches away from finishing Martha's Alphabet RR. Yay! Hmmmm, what to do next?? I was thinking about starting my Beach Band Sampler, but I've been rather indecisive about how exactly I want to do it. Maybe I'll start Stacy's Holiday Cat. It's soooo cute!! I have a piece of Silkweaver's Winter Sky that I think it would look good on.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

It was good to speak with you and I will be keeping an eye on the weather and praying the storm will not be as bad as they are predicting. Stay safe and I will touch base with you after the storm passes.

Jill in CA said...

My goodness Autumn, that is so scary!! Duh, I should have thought to check your blog when I was wondering what you were going to do about the hurricane; I'm not sure why it took me so long to think of it!

I will definitely keep you and the whole region in my prayers; I can't get over the fact that it's 175mph. Wow. I've had the news on all morning and I just can't imagine it. Take care!!!

Terri said...

Dearest Autumn. Having come from Louisiana, and having gone through several Cat-5s myself, I know what you're going through and can only imagine how worried you are. You and your family are in our prayers right now.

Suzanne said...

Best of luck!!! Stay safe and let us know you're OK when you can!!

Suz in VA

Jenny said...

I've been watching the weather and worrying about you! Hope all is well and I'm glad you're still updating us! Oh, and I want to see pics of Futurecast when you get the chance! :)