Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend Recap

Another uneventful weekend. We went swimming Saturday for a little while. Maria still isn't really comfortable in the water. Lauren is a little too confident for my taste.

We pretty much stayed glued to the Weather Channel all weekend trying to figure out what Dennis was going to do. We didn't really get much of anything from Dennis. Sunday was windy and cloudy which would have been nice if it was about 10 degrees cooler. We just got a little bit of rain on Saturday from one of the squall lines. Now all eyes are turning to what will become Emily. Of course everyone is talking statistics in how many years it's been since Louisiana was hit by a really big hurricane. I guess we're about due for one.

I had a pretty good weekend stitching wise. I continued on with my Nature Alphabet. The squares are taking forever, but once those are done I think it's going to go pretty quick from there. I think I'm going to give it to my cousin for a house warming gift. We'll see. I also gridded my fabric for my Just Nan RR and started my square. I'm firming up my plans for my Any Designer Band Sampler too. I'm going with an underwater/nautical type theme for that one.

I did manage to sneak a few movies in this weekend. The Postman Always Rings Twice was pretty good. I've been setting the DVR on Turner Classic Movies whenever I see famous classic movies, so I can watch them when no one else is up. I watched the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I didn't see the original so I don't know how it compares. I've heard that was based on a true story. I wanted to see if I could find the original case to see how it compares. The Haunted Mansion, the Eddie Murphy movie was surprisingly interesting. I thought it was going to be a cutesy kids movie, but it was definately more for older kids. I also watched Bridget Jones...whatever the second one is called. I liked it. It went well with the first one.

And that's about the extent of my weekend. Only a few more days until the Harry Potter book comes out!!

No comments: