Monday, August 21, 2006

Maybe today...

I should be getting my computer back today. I'm really hoping they send it back with a tech and not make me try to hook it back up and then see if I have a problem. I like to think I'm somewhat computer knowledgeable, but sometimes the networking stuff is a little over my head.

The weekend was ok. Saturday we went swimming at the health club. Sunday we set up the kiddie pool and the kids swam in the yard. It's been hot. Other than that, not much else.

I watched Benchwarmers, I thought it was fairly cute. I also watched Rize, a documentary about krumping. Lil C was one of the features of the documentary and he's one of the choreographers for So You Think You Can Dance, so I wanted to see what the story was. It was interesting, the interviews and such, but the editing wasn't great. It was disjointed. It was hard to figure out what one thing had to do with another sometimes. If you watch it, watch for the church scenes towards the end. Being Catholic, I thought that was rather on the strange side, but I guess it makes church more interesting.

I finished reading The Program by Gregg Hurwitz. I really enjoyed that book. It's basically about a US Marshall trying to rescue a girl from a cult. Last night I watched a documentary about hazing in sororities and I couldn't help but notice the similarities in indoctrination techniques. I also started Year Zero by Jeff Long. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. It's also pretty interesting. In a nutshell, a huge earthquake occurs in Jerusalem exposing a huge "landfill" full of bones and wood etc. from all the people that were crucified. Two guys go in and steal some of the debris for a museum and a plague is unleashed in the world. Scientists use the bones to see if they can clone the people from Year Zero who may have antibodies to the virus. And of course, one of the people they clone is Jesus Christ. The synopsis on the back of the book made it sound like the Jesus aspect was the main point of the story, but it really isn't. Now for those who would question how did they find Jesus' bones when he ascended body and soul to heaven, they didn't clone him from bones like they did other people, they obtained his DNA from a blood soaked piece of wood. You have to suspend a lot of disbelief in reading this story...I guess it's supposed to be futuristic to some degree.

In other news, I'm working on a little freebie from Mosey N Me. I should finish it today.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Wow! Year Zero sounds like a really interesting read! I'll have to add that one to my stack.