Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Day Off

Today I had the day off. My parents went to Las Vegas so I had to stay home and keep the kiddies. We started off the day by going to the health club. This morning I got on the scale and I'm only two lbs. away from my pre-twins pregnancy weight (well, before I got sick for 3 months and lost 30 lbs.) So, I figured if I work out today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday I should burn off those two lbs. That'll be one goal down. The good thing about that medicine I'm one now is that once I lose it, it's gone, I haven't gained any weight since I started on all this stuff. I wish I could make it there everyday, but it just doesn't fit so well in my schedule. They're supposed to be opening a satellite club about 5 minutes from our house, but it's had the opening fall 2005 sign out there forever.

Anyway, after the health club, we went to James' work to show off the kids. I always get a kick out of going there because he's such a big wig LOL All the "yes, Mr. so and so" and "No, Mr. so and so" cracks me up. Coming home must be such a humbling experience for him. LOL Then we went to visit a friend of mine's store. She recently moved and so we went see the new store. Then we went to lunch and just as we got there, the bottom dropped out of the sky and it poured rain. So we got soaked. Then it pretty much rained the whole rest of the afternoon, but that was ok, because we all came home and napped. It was a nice afternoon.

But then, I had to watch the weather. TD #5 is out there now. The weather guy, who is also the State Climatologist was really emphasizing that we need to watch this one. Wouldn't that be ironic if the anniversary of Katrina was celebrated by getting hit with another hurricane? So I washed out all the apple juice bottles that I've been hording like a rat and stuck as many as I could in the freezer. Fortunately I don't have much food in there. We could definately eat it if a hurricane did indeed come this way. The refrigerator is another matter. But I'm not going to worry about that now, I'll worry about that tomorrow LOL (Gone with the Wind...get it?)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Not that I wish ill winds on anyone, but I am so glad to see the metric has the storm moving in a different direction! {{{{{Autumn}}}}}