Wednesday, April 12, 2006

No More Online Browsing!


I already had plans to stitch this Alphabet Series from Brooke's Books. Then, I check out Kiwi Jo's blog and see this Alphabet series from Rainbow Gallery and Erica Michaels. I'm SOOOOO doing this. I think Marjean will too so perhaps we can split some threads and cut down on the cost of the specialty stuff. The finishing might be a little bit hard, but since I finished my Bee Charmer, I'm a little more confident in my finishing skills.






My next big finishing project is an Etui for my mom. I can't seem to find a picture of it online, but it's one of those kinds that's like a octogon shaped box. When you take off the lid and undo the drawstring the sides fall out like flower petals with all your different pockets and there's pin cushion in the middle. I think it's going to be a challenge! I got the kit at Hobby Lobby for like $5!

Speaking of which, Hobby Lobby is clearing out tons of charts. I got like 50 charts and 2 kits for $60. I've been really bad! Oh well, it's an excellent deal. There was this wretched woman at Hobby Lobby that really raised my ire, but I'm not even going to get into it. I'll just take satisfaction in the fact that she was old and ugly and had gross teeth. LOL

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hope you'll show pics of your octogon shaped box when you finish it - that sounds really neat. And now I gotta look into that book too! :)

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Wow, Autumn, that book is so awesome! I can't wait to watch your progress on it. And I know exactly what kind of octagonal box you are talking about. They are so neat!