Monday, October 10, 2005

Weekend Update and Other Things

Well, this is probably more than just the weekend.

Lauren and Maria had their 18 month check up. They're doing really good. The nurse measured them as having an inch difference in height, which I don't believe. They only had about a one pound difference in weight which surprised me, because Lauren feels so much heavier than Maria. Anyway, Maria was in the 50th percentile for height and the 25th for weight. Lauren in the 90th percentile for height (that's where that one inch difference came in) and the 50th for weight. Anyway, for preemies, they're doing great. They've finally figured out the talking thing and seem to pick up several new words every day.

Something weird was going on with them this week. They kept breaking out in these bumps. It wasn't really a rash, but it looked like small clusters of blisters. Anyway, Lauren first broke out right before we went to the doctor, but by time we got there, they were gone. I figured it was just bug bites or something. Then at the doctor she got a bunch across her face. He gave her some antihistimines and she was fine. The next day she broke out again. And so did Maria. As quickly as they'd show up though, they'd be gone. We decided it must be something outside, because in all the instances they had just gone outside. But Friday I let them play outside with no problem. Saturday and Sunday they were outside with no problems either. They haven't had any breakouts since then either.

Eva's doing great. She's getting to be more popular than us. We went to dinner one night and there was this little girl there that she knew. Then we went to the zoo Saturday and there was a girl there she knew.

She has picture day Tuesday. I got her the cutest little dress. She tried it on and she looked like a little lady. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Work, is just unbelievably busy. It's a combination of my sister leaving and the hurricane aftermath. We have just so much work. More just keeps coming. I imagine once all the debris and buildings get torn down, our work load will just keep increasing.

Speaking of debris, one of the lingering effects of the hurricanes is that we haven't had trash pick up in weeks. The trash people can't keep up. So we have all this trash and nothing to do with it. We don't have dumps where you can go and take your own trash. I guess since we live outside of any city limits we could burn it, but I don't think I'm ready to resort to that yet, although, some of our neighbors have. We have private contract garbage, in Baton Rouge, you don't have a choice, but where we live there is an alternative and they've been able to keep up, even though they've been working what must be really long hours. I know they start at about 4 am and they've been hitting our neighborhood at about 8 pm. So, if ours doesn't get picked up I'm going to call our service and see what the deal is and if they don't come I'm going to switch.

So this weekend we went to the Zoo. I was rather disappointed. The Baton Rouge Zoo seriously pales in comparison to the New Orleans Zoo, but we were thinking that some of the animals were evacuated to the Baton Rouge Zoo so there might be more animals there. That wasn't the case. I don't see why they bother keeping it open. Less than half the exhibits have animals in them.

Saturday night we watched LSU. It wasn't a really exciting game. I knew LSU was going to win so I just read instead. I should have been stitching, but I just haven't been in the mood for that.

Sunday we just went out to lunch and grocery shopping.

Anyway, I guess that's about all. I do have a whole topic about embarassment and the many levels that I'm embarassed for my state. Maybe I'll get around to that tomorrow.

No comments: