Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Can't Do It

I can't get out of this stitching slump. I have one project that only needs like a couple days of work on it and I'd be done with it, but no....I just sit there and look at it hoping one day it'll be magically finished. I still have poor Marjean's Mirabilia RR and I haven't hardly worked on it either.

I'm having a little bit of negativity towards Mirabilia RRs right now. I don't think mine is coming back ever. I'm really not all that upset about it. I'm not angry or anything like that. I'm just disappointed I guess. I don't even care if this woman hasn't stitched on it. Just mail it back to someone...don't keep it. If something happened to it, just tell me, I don't care. I just hate not knowing and having to assume the worst.

4 comments:

Daffycat said...

***hugs*** Stitching slumps can be the pits. I know exactly how you feel. Perhaps starting a tiny project will distract you? Sometimes I stitch up a couple of small RAK's and that gets me back in the "mood."

Sorry about your RR...I hope it makes it's way home!

Rani said...

I'm sorry you lost your RR. I have heard of that happening too many times to ever want to participate in one. That stinks because I think they always come out so unique and beautiful. I hope the person mails it back.

Missy Ann said...

I'm so sorry about your RR. Please know that Susan, Jen & I have not forgotten. Believe me, I *never* forget the missing RRs. Or where they went "missing".

As for the slump, you have a kitchen timer? Go get it, set it for 30 minutes and stitch. Just 30 min, you can do it!!

Lee said...

Slumps really stink. You get busy, then you step away for a while. Then you just don't feel like stitching, Then you beat yourself up.

To get back into the swing of things, you could cut yourself one length of floss and tell yourself that you'll stitch till that floss is gone (similar to the kitchen timer idea). But if neither of those ideas float your boat, just continue to take your break without guilt. Needlework will always be there when you're ready come back to it!