Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend

It started off good. I had friday off work because my dad was doing his heart cath. He came out of that fine. No problems whatsoever. I had the morning planned out, the girls and I were going to run errands. Our first stop was Hobby Lobby. Just as I pulled in the parking lot, Lauren got sick. So, we had to go to Exxon and clean her and the carseat up. Then we went to Wal-Mart to get her some new clothes. Then we went back to Hobby Lobby. (I really had to go!) Then we were going to go to Target, but none of us really felt like it anymore. So we swung by McDonald's and got lunch then went and had a picnic in the park. Then we went home and watched Nanny McPhee. I have to say that I really enjoyed that movie. I didn't even stitch while I watched it.

Saturday we all went swimming at the health club. Lauren and Maria really wouldn't get in. The kiddie pool has a ramp entry and they'd be about up to their ankles and that was good enough for them. I eventually just grabbed them and sat in the big pool with them so they'd get used to it. We were all doing good until this plastic tarantula floated by. It bumped up against my arm and I nearly had a heart attack. So, they were pretty much done with being in the water after that. Then I went stitching at my LNS for a little while, and DH took the girls home. It was nice, there weren't too many people there. Then I got to sit back as the house was cleaned. That was my Mother's Day gift.

Sunday we were going to a crawfish boil at my uncle's house. Nobody ever told me what time it was supposed to be. I assumed it was at lunch time. We always do stuff at lunch time. Well, this time it was at 4 pm. So we got there really early. It wasn't too bad though. I watched the kids while my aunt went shopping and my husband and my uncle went off somewhere, I don't really know what they were doing. My grandparents also showed up early. So then the kids wanted to go swimming. So, my grandparents and I were watching them while they were swimming. Thank God I was there, Eva got herself in the deep end and couldn't get herself back. I had to jump in with all my clothes on to get her out. So, I got to sit around in wet clothes for the next few hours. Anyway, eventually every one else got there along with the crawfish. The kids got back in the pool again, but this time some adults were in there. When we all got home, we just crashed. It had been a long day!

I can't wait to watch the Gray's Anatomy finale tonight. Looks like it's going to be good. The President's speech better not interfere with it or I'm going to be pretty cranky.


Kristen said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am glad you had a good weekend.

Jenny said...

Yikes, that must have been a bit scary jumping in the pool after Eva. Good thing you were there! Glad your Mother's Day went well otherwise.

Terri said...

Oh how frightening about the pool! My heart was in my throat just reading about it. Hugs.