Thursday, May 14, 2009


That's extreme, but I got a flower! I decided a couple of months ago that I was going to grow some stuff from seeds. Everyone told me that it was difficult to do around here for every reason under the sun and just buy plants....blah blah blah. Well, they were right but I am too stubborn to listen or admit defeat. So, my first attempt was a mess. I used those little seed starter thingies and those are just stupid. The seeds washed out and sprouted everywhere but where they were supposed and died quickly. I managed to save a few. A couple of morning glories and about 4 tomato plants which are still growing...I'm curious to see if they'll produce eventually. This morning I woke up to this.

I did buy a few plants for the girls. I let them pick out their own pots and their own flowers. Poor Eva's isn't doing all that great, it needs to be repotted. Lauren and Maria's are doing well though.

And I got myself some calla lilies, but I couldn't decide where I wanted to put them in the yard and one wasn't doing well in the pot it came in so I repotted them until I decide what to do with them. These Velvet Clover were just too interesting to pass up too. They're doing well in the flower bed. I took the picture in the morning so they weren't blooming but they have cute little white flowers in the afternoons.

And proof that "Try, try again" is always the best policy and that I AM stubborn (and do always get my way eventually lol) These are various flowers and herbs...and you will notice that they ARE sprouting....IN the pots, regular pots in regular dirt LOL

And for a bonus...if someone can tell me the name of this grows in abundance down here, but I don't know what it's called. We have a huge clump of it in our yard and it's blooming like crazy right now. I'm really proud of it...not that I did anything to make it look good, but I'll take credit anyway.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mirabilia RR Start

I finally got finished with my Mirabilia Round Robin. Not it ready to be started. I finished the frames and my section last night. I chose Fairy Treasures. She has a lot of shininess to her and she's rarely stitched, so I felt bad she's left out so often. She's charted with her eyes closed and that wasn't going to work. Since she has sort of that Egyptian feel and I recently watched Cleopatra I went with that sort of eye look, I'm not entirely happy with it, but I think it'll probably grow on me. And I switched out the gold beads for purple because gold and silver just doesn't work for me. My camera batteries died, so here's a pic taken with my cellphone which isn't great, but you get the idea.